3 MINUTES WITH…CLOUD PLUS’ STEVE JONES
Name: Steve Jones
Location: Illawarra region of NSW
1. What is your role at Cloud Plus?
Network Engineering Manager but still very much enjoying being “hands on” technically as well.
2. How long have you been in that role?
Since the early days of Cloud Plus, over 7 years now.
3. How did you get into the ICT industry?
In the mid 90’s while working as an Auto Electrician I was looking for a new challenge and this Internet thing looked kind of interesting. My first job was as a Trainee Computer Operator at the Sydney Futures Exchange. Over 20 years later and here I am.
4. What do you enjoy most about the ICT industry?
New technologies are emerging constantly and there is always something new to learn and some very talented people to learn from.
5. What did you do before Cloud Plus?
I worked as an IP Network Engineer specialising in BRAS and MPLS VPN for a large ISP. I have worked in the corporate world however do really enjoy the service provider space.
6. What’s the best thing about working at Cloud Plus?
Working with the great Cloud Plus team and especially the Network Engineering Team. Everyone at Cloud Plus works well together to scope, design and then deliver solutions for partners and clients.
7. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
I enjoy spending time with the family, pottering about in the garden/workshop and riding my motorcycle (but not nearly enough).
8. What is the first music tape/CD/record you ever purchased?
London Calling by The Clash.
9. Best holiday destination?
Anywhere with the family is fantastic but camping somewhere by a quiet river is something special.
10. Favourite movie?
11. Looking to the future….In five years I will be
Sitting on a beach earning 20%…but more likely still learning more about firewalls and routers and switches and SD-WAN.
See the rest of our team HERE