3 Minutes with… Cloud Plus’ Andrew Smith
1. What is your role at Cloud Plus?
2. How long have you been in that role?
5 years as Financial Controller, and for the 4 years preceding that I had various roles and titles within the Finance & Administration Team.
3. How did you get into the ICT industry?
Cloud Plus was my first role in the ICT industry. I met Jules back in 2012 whilst I was studying at a university in Brisbane, and the rest is history!
4. What do you enjoy most about the ICT industry?
I like to learn about new technology. I learn new things all the time through my work, my own research, and from speaking to a variety of people.
5. What did you do before Cloud Plus?
I worked at Barclays Bank in the UK and had various jobs in New Zealand and Australia before settling in Brisbane to finish university.
6. What’s the best thing about working at Cloud Plus?
The helpfulness of everyone I work with.
7. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
Watching, playing, and talking about sport. Drinking beer and putting the kids to sleep so I can do those other things in peace J
8. What is the first music tape/CD/record you ever purchased?
One of the first I remember was Boom! Shake The Room, the Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff classic J
9. Best holiday destination?
10. Favourite movie?
11. Looking to the future… In five years I will be
Edging closer to 40 years old, unbelievable! By then I hope to have been integral in Cloud Plus achieving another major burst of growth, with various major initiatives planned. And I’m still relying on winning the lottery, so I can retire early.